Toronto BAHN Layouts
Toronto has a rich history of rail transit, and to this day has much to offer for the BAHN modeller. The Toronto Transit Commission and its predecessors have been operating subways since 1954 and streetcars since the 1860s. The city has seen proposals and counter proposals for new streetcar and subway lines, and the TTC's sister operation, GO Transit, is no slouch either in the rail transit department. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that several BAHN simulations of Toronto exist, and you shall see them below. All these simulations are available as freeware, and all will be converted to BAHN 3.58 as soon as time permits.
Commuter Rail (by Nick Haste) (ver 3.0) (January 1995) (86K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts the complete equipment schedule of GO's commuter rail operations in early 1995. This simulation is included here courtesy of author Nick Haste. (Last Updated: November 26, 1997)
Streetcars (ver 3.0) (Feb 13, 1945) (590K - BAHN 3.58)
- It's finally here!!! After a year of working, my simulation of Toronto's streetcar network at the end of the Second World War is now complete. Well, almost complete. The streetcar lines are in and everything can run through the day without a missed terminal timepoint. There is some scenery still missing, and there are no passenger trains on the heavy rail routes, but the simulation is complete enough to put here, I think. At least, it will allow you to enjoy it while I plan future enhancements. (Last Updated: July 31, 1999)
Streetcars (ver 2.2) (Aug 28, 1998) (295K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts Toronto's streetcar system as it is currently operating. (Last Updated: December 19, 1997)
Streetcars (ver 1.1a) (Apr 1, 2011) (300K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts Toronto's streetcar system as it could be in the year 2011, if the TTC had its way. The additional routes depicted here are based upon suggestions made in the TTC's Opportunities for New Streetcar Routes report. (Last Updated: December 19, 1997)
Subways (ver 2.1) (Jan 3, 1998) (290K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts Toronto's subway system as it stands today. (Last Updated: December 19, 1997)
Subways (by Neil Hacioglu) (ver 2.0) (circa 2035) (290K - BAHN 3.58)
- This is an update of Neil Hacioglu's original model of the Toronto subway as it might have been in 2010. Updated for BAHN 3.58, it also offers extensions to subway lines and a great, new, stylized look. A text file, graphics files and a backup file are included. You can also visit his web site. (Last Updated: April 12, 1999)
Subways (by Neil Hacioglu) (ver 1.0) (circa 1959) (18K - BAHN 3.58)
- Neil Hacioglu submitted this interpretation of the Toronto Subway system in 1959. It's a schematic-style model, and not wholly accurate, but it will run on any machine. It's great for seeing the Gloucesters in action. You can also visit his web site. (Last Updated: February 3, 1998)
Trolley Buses (ver 1.1) (Aug 2, 1991) (260K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts Toronto's trolley bus system during its last day of full operation. The accompanying GO network is scheduled to 1997 levels, but this may change in the future. (Last Updated: November 30, 1997)
The CN Tower (ver 1.0 by Chris Amiel) (1998) (260K - BAHN 3.40)
- In this unique example of BAHN as art, Chris Amiel models not a transit system, but a single building. Several buildings, actually, as he shows how other famous landmarks stand up to Toronto's own. (Last Updated: November 5, 1998)
Layouts Coming Soon
Your Simulation Here! -- (Whenever) (Why not?)
- Special thanks goes to Ted Nielsen, Alan Grossert, Nick Haste and Dave Snowden, who kindly allowed me to upload their Montreal, St. John's, GO Transit and Vancouver simulations respectively onto this web page. I welcome any other simulations that people have designed; my only real criteria is that the simulation uploaded here be of a Canadian city (Electric Soup and New York
City Subway Resources have the best collection of European and American simulations, and I'm interested in gathering as complete a collection of Canadian city simulations as possible) -- yes, I know Omaha isn't in Canada, but that's a special case since my fiancee comes from there (grin). Seriously, though; if you have a simulation you'd like to see uploaded, PLEASE E-MAIL!!!!
...Ontario BAHN Layouts...
...Return to the BAHN Page...
...Return to Main Page...
Visit: [Main Page]
[Doctor Who Pages]
[Erin's Poetry & Prose]
[Friends and Family]
[Windows and Litestep Themes]
Site last updated August 1, 2000.
This page hosted by:
Want your own Web Page but don't know how to create it? Call Sitehouse and we'll help you.