Quebec BAHN Layouts
Hosting Quebec City, Montreal (the last city in Canada to abandon its streetcars) and Sherbrooke, plus many other well-established communities, La Belle Province has a rich streetcar heritage. Mayor Jean Drapeau also ensured Montreal's place on the rapid transit map with the construction of Canada's only Parisian-style Metro. With so much to choose from, it won't be long before this page is brimming with BAHN simulations. These layouts will be converted to BAHN 3.58 as soon as time permits.
Montreal (STCUM) -- Metro (by Tom Scholl, ver 2.0) (1999) (71K - BAHN 3.58)
- Tom Scholl has upgraded Ted Nielsen's Montreal Metro simulation, bringing the sim up to Bahn 3.58 standards and making it a more accurate representation of the system. It is an excellent simulation that can operate with all dispatcher messages selected. Thanks, Tom! (Last Updated: November 7, 1999)
Montreal (STCUM) -- Metro (by Ted Nielsen, ver 1.0) (1997) (120K - BAHN 3.40)
- Even without the benefit of a track schematic, Ted Nielsen has managed to put together an impressive simulation of one of Canada's most impressive subway systems. All of the lines are there, based upon the available transportation maps, and Ted's own memories of riding along the route. Once a track schematic is received, however, a revision is sure to follow. If you possess such a schematic, please e-mail
Ted at Slider72@aol.com. The absence of a Montreal Metro simulation was a gaping hole in this web page written with the expressed intention of representing as many Canadian streetcar and subway systems as possible. I am indebted to Ted Nielsen for finally filling this gap. Thanks, Ted! (Last Updated: August 27, 1997)
Layouts Coming Soon
Montreal -- Streetcar System (December 6, 1949) (Under Construction)
- Montreal had an extensive streetcar system before abandonment in 1959. Now that I have a route map and a track map, thanks to Richard Reichardt and Don Hutchinson, work is beginning on this simulation. It's still in the earliest stages, however, so it may be a few months before things are ready... Stay tuned.
Montreal Metro 1982 -- If the Dreamers'd Had Their Way (Proposed)
- Have you folks seen the map that Marc Dufour uploaded onto his page of what the Montreal Metro could have looked like had there been more money to spend and had the dreamers been more persistent?
here to see it, and then somebody please get started modeling it!
Your Simulation Here! -- (Whenever) (Why not?)
- Special thanks goes to Ted Nielsen, Alan Grossert, Nick Haste and Dave Snowden, who kindly allowed me to upload their Montreal, St. John's, GO Transit and Vancouver simulations respectively onto this web page. I welcome any other simulations that people have designed; my only real criteria is that the simulation uploaded here be of a Canadian city (Electric Soup and New York
City Subway Resources have the best collection of European and American simulations, and I'm interested in gathering as complete a collection of Canadian city simulations as possible) -- yes, I know Omaha isn't in Canada, but that's a special case since my fiancee comes from there (grin). Seriously, though; if you have a simulation you'd like to see uploaded, PLEASE E-MAIL!!!!
...Return to the BAHN Page...
...Return to Main Page...
Visit: [Main Page]
[Doctor Who Pages]
[Erin's Poetry & Prose]
[Friends and Family]
[Windows and Litestep Themes]
Site last updated August 1, 2000.
This page hosted by:
Want your own Web Page but don't know how to create it? Call Sitehouse and we'll help you.