Ontario BAHN Layouts
Streetcars used to run in many of the cities and towns of Ontario, including Hamilton, Kitchener, Windsor and Oshawa. Sadly, when Ottawa abandoned its system in 1959, the only city left running streetcars was Toronto. The simulations here pay tribute to the fallen flags across Ontario, harkening back to the days when the streetcar had a part to play, even in the transportation picture of small towns. These layouts will be converted to BAHN 3.58 as soon as time permits.
GO Transit Commuter Rail (by Nick Haste) (ver 3.0) (January 1995) (86K - BAHN 3.40)
- This layout depicts the complete equipment schedule of GO's commuter rail operations in early 1995. This simulation is included here courtesy of author Nick Haste. (Last Updated: November 26, 1997)
Hamilton Street Railway -- Streetcar System (ver 1.0) (June 2, 1939) (155K - BAHN 3.40)
- Hamilton streetcars trundled into the late 1940s, and once had an extensive system throughout the Steel City. Some of the street trackage may have been deteriorated, but the system boasted some high quality private right-of-way to allow the cars to fly. The publication Cataract Traction is helped me out, as did a 1971 issue of the UCRS Newsletter, but I must thank Arnold McLellan of Scotts Valley, California for describing where the routes went, William Miller for additional HSR information, and Tony
Desantis for information on the Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo.(Last Updated: September 20, 1997).
Toronto BAHN Layouts (Various)
Wacky World! (by Chris Amiel) (ver 1.0) (Fictional) (210K - BAHN 3.40)
- Roll up! Roll up! Come to Wacky World, the first BAHN simulation of a fictional fun theme park! Ride the assortment of rides, including the Safari Shuttle, the Log Chute and the Sky Ride! A wonderful time for the whole family in this fantastically detailed construction. Roll up! Roll up! Admission is free!.(Last Updated: August 2, 1998).
Waterloo Regional LRT -- Fantasy Streetcar System (Jan 1, 2001) (ver 1.2) (260K - BAHN 3.40)
- Kitchener Transit hasn't run streetcars since 1946, and its last trolley bus rolled down the line in 1973. The Region of Waterloo currently possesses two transit systems, one for Kitchener and Waterloo and another for Cambridge, and never the twain shall meet. So, somehow, between now and the year 2001, Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge are to build this $500 million, region-encompassing LRT system, eh? I don't think so. This is a simulation of a system that will likely never be built, but I can dream, can't I? If model railroaders can do freelance railroads as opposed to prototypical, why should we be any different? (Last Updated: September 23, 1997; minor bugs corrected, and the Fairview Mall station slightly renovated. -- This layout is being upgraded to BAHN 3.58, and completely revamped. Currently 35% completed.)
Layouts Coming Soon
Sault Ste Marie -- Streetcar System (?) (Proposed)
- I would love to produce, or accept from somebody else, a simulation of the streetcar operations of Sault Ste Marie. A private company provided service on both sides of the border, a fairly rare occurrance amongst streetcar cities, so it intrigues me. Unfortunately, I have no track plans or route schedules to even start such a system. Does anybody know of anything? E-mail me!
Ottawa -- Streetcar System (1945) (Proposed)
- Ottawa was the second last city in Canada to abandon its streetcar system and, from what I can tell, it was quite an extensive system. Unfortunately, few people seem to know much about it, and there is little in the way of reference material. I'm even tempted to research and produce a book on the system myself. Do you have any information? E-mail me!
Ottawa -- Transitway LRT (2010) (Proposed)
- What if Ottawa had built its busway as an LRT? This proposal is included just to be a little bit controversial...
Your Simulation Here! -- (Whenever) (Why not?)
- Special thanks goes to Ted Nielsen, Alan Grossert, Nick Haste and Dave Snowden, who kindly allowed me to upload their Montreal, St. John's, GO Transit and Vancouver simulations respectively onto this web page. I welcome any other simulations that people have designed; my only real criteria is that the simulation uploaded here be of a Canadian city (Electric Soup and New York
City Subway Resources have the best collection of European and American simulations, and I'm interested in gathering as complete a collection of Canadian city simulations as possible) -- yes, I know Omaha isn't in Canada, but that's a special case since my fiancee comes from there (grin). Seriously, though; if you have a simulation you'd like to see uploaded, PLEASE E-MAIL!!!!
...Toronto BAHN Layouts...
...Return to the BAHN Page...
...Return to Main Page...
Visit: [Main Page]
[Doctor Who Pages]
[Erin's Poetry & Prose]
[Friends and Family]
[Windows and Litestep Themes]
Site last updated August 1, 2000.
This page hosted by:
Want your own Web Page but don't know how to create it? Call Sitehouse and we'll help you.