British Columbia BAHN Layouts
British Columbia is the home of Canada's third largest city, Vancouver, with a rich streetcar heritage, a modern-day advanced rapid transit system and big plans for the future. But Vancouver isn't the only city in British Columbia. Victoria, BC's capital, has a good bus system, a streetcar heritage of its own, and plans for a future LRT system. BC is promising BAHN territory. All layouts will be converted to BAHN 3.58 when time permits.
Vancouver Trolley Buses and Skytrain (by Dave Snowden, ver 2.01) (1997 - BAHN 3.58) (162K)
- This is an update of Dave Snowden's BAHN 3.40 Vancouver-1997 simulation. He has made use of several new cars and graphics available for BAHN 3.58 to enhance an already wonderful layout. Have a look, and then e-mail Dave Snowden at email@example.com to tell him what you think. Thanks again, Dave! (Last Updated: February 21, 1999).
Victoria Buses (by David Marlor, ver 2.0) (1999) (330K - BAHN 3.58)
- David Marlor has contributed this excellent simulation of the bus operations of Victoria, British Columbia. It is, in my opinion, one of the best simulations on the Net. It is highly detailed and geographically accurate, and a must-have for any BAHN user. The current version needs Bahn 3.58 Version 3 to run as it uses a 5.9X beta graphic set. To stop the set loading, simply delete vic2000.uzg from the directory. Thanks again to David Marlor for contributing this wonderful simulation. (Last Updated: November 15, 1999 -- Upgraded and expanded to BAHN 3.58)
Victoria Streetcars (by David Marlor, ver 1.0) (1919) (205K - BAHN 3.58)
- David Marlor follows up his successful Victoria Buses simulation with an equally detailed simulation of that city's streetcar and interurban operation of 1919. Thanks to David for contributing yet another wonderful simulation. (Last Updated: November 15, 1999 -- Upgraded to BAHN 3.58)
Layouts Coming Soon
Vancouver -- Streetcar System (circa 1930s) (Proposed)
- Vancouver boasted an extensive system operating a variety of cars, including very modern PCCs. Vancouver recently celebrated a century of transit by, among other things, printing a book on the history of the city's transit system, but this book did not include a route map or a track plan. Once I have these in hand, I can proceed. If you have any information about Vancouver, please e-mail me. Or, feel free to build the layout yourself!
Your Simulation Here! -- (Whenever) (Why not?)
- Special thanks goes to Ted Nielsen, Alan Grossert, Nick Haste and Dave Snowden,
who kindly allowed me to upload their Montreal, St. John's, GO Transit and Vancouver simulations respectively onto this web page. I welcome any other simulations that people have designed; my only real criteria is that the simulation uploaded here be of a Canadian city (Electric Soup and New York
City Subway Resources have the best collection of European and American simulations, and I'm interested in gathering as complete a collection of Canadian city simulations as possible) -- yes, I know Omaha isn't in Canada, but that's a special case since my fiancee comes from there (grin). Seriously, though; if you have a simulation you'd like to see uploaded, PLEASE E-MAIL!!!!
...Return to the BAHN Page...
...Return to Main Page...
Visit: [Main Page]
[Doctor Who Pages]
[Erin's Poetry & Prose]
[Friends and Family]
[Windows and Litestep Themes]
Site last updated August 1, 2000.
This page hosted by:
Want your own Web Page but don't know how to create it? Call Sitehouse and we'll help you.